Mailing Address:

Edna Township

PO Box 114

Dent, MN 56528

Meeting Location:

Dent Community Center

201 Birch Street

Dent, MN 56528

Name & Address
Position & Term Expires
Phone Number

Dennis Sazama

43069 Co Hwy 35

Dent, MN 56528



March 2023

(218) 640-1938


Gary Schattschneider

43263 S Paul Lake Dr

Perham, MN 56573


Vice Chairman

March 2024

(218) 758-3138


Ben Bucholz

43793 E Paul Lake Rd

Perham, MN 56573


March 2022

(218) 298-0065


Karen Marthaler

37273 S Little McDonald Dr

Perham, MN 56573


March 2024

(218) 346-7770


Echo Dockter

38182 N Little McDonald Dr

Frazee, MN 56544


March 2022

(218) 234-9129


Frequently Asked Questions

How can I obtain an absentee ballot?

For Township-only elections contact the clerk. For all other elections, please visit the Minnesota Secretary of State Elections and Voting website for more information on how to obtain your absentee ballot.

What does the township do?

Our main jobs are maintaining township roads and running elections.

When is the next township meeting?

We meet every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7pm at the Dent Community Center (the former Dent School building). The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. Remember the Annual meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of March.

Who should I contact if I still have questions?

Noxious Weeds - Ben Bucholz Roads & Plowing - Dennis Sazma Finance - Karen Marthaler Policy & Procedure - Echo Dockter Elections - Echo Dockter

Who should I contact with property tax questions?

Contact the Otter Tail County Auditor Treasurer's Office for all township related property tax matters.

When does the township have meetings?

Every month, on the third Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Dent Community Center. The Annual Meeting is held once a year on the second Tuesday in March. The meeting usually starts at 8:05 p.m., shortly after the polls close. The time is set each year so please watch check our News and Announcements on the home page for the exact time.

When is the township election?

The township election is the 2nd Tuesday in March. Polls are usually open from 5-8 p.m. One Supervisor is elected every year. The Clerk is elected in even years and the Treasurer is elected in odd numbered years.

How do I register to be a candidate?

The filing period for township offices is open for 2 weeks. It ends one month before the election. In general, this means the filing period opens at the end of December and closes the second week in January. Please check News and Announcements for the specific dates for the current year. There is a $2.00 filing fee, payable when you file. The requirements to be an officer are the same as the requirements to be a registered voter of the township.

Can I add something to the meeting agenda?

Yes, please let the Clerk know one week before the meeting if possible.

How do I submit an invoice to the township?

According to township policy, invoices to be paid this month must be submitted before 5 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. You may use mail or email. The invoices should be sent to the clerk. Invoices that are not received by the deadline for the month will be moved to the next month.